Wife, comic nerd, gamer, professional, reader, blogger, pet owner, friend, sister, aspiring HR pro, office manager. What am I? What am I not?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Work, work, work

Since my coworker left a couple of weeks ago, I have taken over some of her duties. I don't mind this in the slightest. I'm doing admin work for my boss, which is no big deal. Now that our company is smaller (6 people including me) I didn't have quite enough to fill my day. Things were perfect - my day was full enough to keep me at a brisk pace, but not enough to stress me out. Then my boss decided that he wants to exhibit at ICSC ReCon 2008 in Las Vegas - in three weeks. No problem, I've already confirmed our booth spot, paid for it, ordered and paid for the furniture, booked the rooms, and booked the flights. Everything that is left will be finished by Monday of next week. Now he wants me to do data entry. You know, I love my job. I like my boss. I hate data entry. With a passion. It is tedious work. While still taking care of my regular duties and my newfound admin duties I've also been doing data entry and teaching employees how to use our database. (Which, by the way, they should know.) After two days of this mayhem, I think my boss realized he was spreading me too thin. The solution?
A great one, actually. He has hired a temp to come in for three to four days and do all of the data entry he wants. That's all she has to do. So I just need to teach her to use the database (I promise, it's not difficult) and show her exactly what the boss wants. Piece of cake! I'm thrilled. And, on a side note, it will be nice to have another girl in the office for a couple of days.

No comments: