Wife, comic nerd, gamer, professional, reader, blogger, pet owner, friend, sister, aspiring HR pro, office manager. What am I? What am I not?

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What Am I Signing?!

This is a somewhat political post, which is not something I normally blog about. I try not to blog about things I know nothing about. Ha!

Anyway, this happened to Chris and I at the grocery the other day. You know those people who sit in front of stores and try to get you to sign things? Petitions and whatnot? Well, one of those guys was there. We didn't want to stop on the way in, but we felt it was a worthy cause, so we stopped on the way out. So we signed the first one. Then he says he has another and explains what it is. We sign that one. He has another. We sign. Another. Sign. Another. No signatures. Another. Seriously? Come on!

I felt sort of violated. I came over to do my duty as a citizen and then all of a sudden I was being led down a path. The idea, I guess, is to get a person to where they don't know what they're signing and they just blindly sign. I'm not one of those people. But it's frustrating to think that when you stop to do something good, someone will try to take advantage of you. Especially considering that I completely disagreed with one of the things he put in front of us.

The moral? Read what you sign. Don't be easily led down a path you don't really want to be on. Be proud of your beliefs and stick with them.

No comments: