Wife, comic nerd, gamer, professional, reader, blogger, pet owner, friend, sister, aspiring HR pro, office manager. What am I? What am I not?

Friday, April 4, 2008

April Checklist

I just have to recommend a site I found a while back. This site has taught me so much and is a great resource. What is it? LifeOrganizers.com. The site is organized into areas that you probably want to organize. They also have two blogs, Life Organizers and Life Fitness. One of the best things about this website is their monthly e-newsletter. Included in this newsletter is a Monthly Checklist. The checklist is set up with the date and an item for you to accomplish. Some are big, some are small. All are easily accomplished during your day. If you do each of the things on this checklist, it will help you maintain an amazing home and keep your peace of mind. I'm not going to repost the entire April checklist here, because you can get your own free copy by going to LifeOrganizers.com. I do, however, want to post some of the things I'm planning on doing.

Apr 5 Toss old socks that no longer have mates. I swear that the washing machine eats socks. My husband doesn't believe me, but it's true!

Apr 7 Wash and scrub out or hose out your garbage cans. This is an excellent reminder. Oftentimes you forget what the inside of your trashcan look like. But I promise you, you will not be pleased.

Apr 13 Give away or sell 5 books you no longer enjoy, read, or want. Books take up a lot of space in our home. Sometimes we hold onto books thinking we will reread them or that it's just nice to have them. There are some books I will never part with. But some books are easily replaced. Find a bookstore in your area where you can trade the books in for store credit.

Apr 16 Look ahead to the next couple of months and buy ahead some holiday cards. What a great idea! I don't know about you, but I often forget about holidays until they are upon me, and it would be nice to be prepared.

Apr 21 Weed out your wallet or purse. Toss any old receipts, movie stubs, discount cards, papers that are no longer needed. Make sure to shred anything with personal information.

Apr 28 Take a bouquet of flowers to a friend or a loved on you haven't seen or visited in a long time. How thoughtful! I might add that you may want to get a bouquet for yourself, perhaps for your desk at work. It will make you so happy.

What are some things you plan to accomplish this month?

Can't wait for Rachel's next post? Of course not! Click here to find out how you can subscribe! Who am I? Find out!

Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: