Wife, comic nerd, gamer, professional, reader, blogger, pet owner, friend, sister, aspiring HR pro, office manager. What am I? What am I not?

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hello

Hi, Hi, Hello!! I started this blog a while ago, and this is finally my first post. I'm a 20-year-old married gal living in San Diego. I work as an Office Administrator. I have been with my company for two years now. I have to say that most of the time, I love my job. It's getting to where I can do it with my eyes shut, but it still gets frustrating. Let me give you a bit more background about my workplace. We are a boutique-style executive recruiting firm, specializing in the real estate industry. We place high level people, the kind that make anywhere from $80k to $1mil per year. PER YEAR!!!! Anyway, right now we have about 11 people in our office, including myself and our President (my boss - well, everyone's boss). We've been going through a slow period for the last couple months due to the time of year and the fact that the market is nearly dead. Several people have expressed that they feel they are not making enough money (they aren't). The Boss won't pay them more money because they're not working very hard and if they were working, they'd be making money (they work on commissions). So, I'm getting frustrated with them because I think the Boss is right. Not that I always think he's right, but he is right this time. Anyway, that's where we're at with that.

No comments: