Wife, comic nerd, gamer, professional, reader, blogger, pet owner, friend, sister, aspiring HR pro, office manager. What am I? What am I not?

Monday, March 31, 2008

Talk About Tuesday - New Things Afoot

Hi everyone! It's once again time for Talk About Tuesday! (Weird how Tuesday comes once a week, but seems to come so quickly.) Be sure to follow the link and check out everyone else's posts.

Happy April Fool's Day! I have to say that I was not really raised with fooling others on this day and when things happened to me I always ended up feeling very dumb, so now I shan't be doing any April fooling. But kudos to all who have fooled in good fun (especially Darren - read about it here).

As organized as I usually am, you would think I would have this meal planning thing down. Right? Wrong! I tend to be very sporadic. I'll adopt a practice and keep it up for a couple of weeks, and then suddenly it's gone. So this weekend, in the midst of cleaning house, I suggested to my husband that he cook two meals a week and I would cook three, and then the weekends could be left overs, frozen foods, or (gasp!) take out. We decided to give this a shot. This means I really only have to plan three meals a week. Not that I have planned them. Well, he makes dinner on Mondays and Thursdays so I have to do Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. I'm planning on making "Pollo Bowls" tomorrow night. I see Friday as being a crock pot day. Wednesday I'm not so sure about. We'll have to see.

One of the new things going on is my desk! We have a small, one-bedroom apartment, so there is not a lot of room. But I felt that I needed a desk, and my wonderful husband humored me. He found me this adorable desk, went to the store with me to buy it, and then put it together for me. He's so handy! :-) Anyway, so far it's working out well. I have my computer and a couple of essential files on it along with a couple knickknacks. The best part is that it gives me a place to set my things when I come in my door. This way I know exactly where they are and I won't have to move them later. This is key! For a place that only has two adults and two small cats, it's amazing how things move.

Last, but certainly not least, you may have noticed that I've given my blog a face lift. I went over my accessories and got rid of some, added others, and gave my "About Me" section a much needed overhaul. I plan to add some video or audio soon, just to make things a little bit different. As always, I welcome everyone's comments and suggestions.

Thanks for reading my blog and have a beautiful day!

Can't wait for Rachel's next post? Of course not! Click here to find out how you can subscribe! Who am I? Find out!

Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had a lot going on! I hope you love your new desk!

Lara said...

How wonderful! I can't wait till I get a new desk. I guess I'd better stop complaining and start looking!