Wife, comic nerd, gamer, professional, reader, blogger, pet owner, friend, sister, aspiring HR pro, office manager. What am I? What am I not?

Monday, February 4, 2008

The Super Bowl

Well, what do we think? Personally, I was very surprised at the outcome yesterday. I was rooting for the Giants, but wasn't sure they had what it took to pull it out. Clearly, they proved me (and every other doubter) wrong. Their defense was extraordinary. Eli has certainly come of age. No more labels of "Fake" Manning or the "Other" Manning for him!! I'm thrilled that Michael Strahan has his ring. After playing 14 years in the NFL, he can retire happy.

This crushing loss for the Patriots comes on the heels of new cheating charges on Saturday. A former member of the Patriots staff claims to have filmed the Rams final practice before the 2002 Super Bowl. http://tinyurl.com/yub9f9 Marshall Faulk went on record as saying that it would make sense. In the 2002 Super Bowl, the Rams had no problem moving the ball down the field, but seemed to have trouble in the red zone. Coincidentally, the final practice they ran was of their red zone plays.

If it turns out to be true that the Patriots have cheated, it's sad to see such a blemish on the history of football. It's also nice to see that cheating doesn't always win you the big one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard that the Patriots have been cheating too.

I was sooo glad that the Giants won!