Wife, comic nerd, gamer, professional, reader, blogger, pet owner, friend, sister, aspiring HR pro, office manager. What am I? What am I not?

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Confession(s)

So yesterday was Super Tuesday (and Fat Tuesday and Pancake Day and the first day of Lent). Here's my confession: I didn't vote. Here's my other confession: I don't know anything about what's going on.

I happen to be extremely uninformed. This is, of course, entirely my fault. I do not set out to be uninformed. I have actually tried to do research on who the best candidates are, what they stand for, which issues are important to me. I always wend up being frustrated and overwhelmed. There is a lot of information out there. I certainly can't vote unless I fully understand who/what I'm voting for.

That's not really the only reason I didn't vote. There is also the fact that I don't even know how to vote. This would be my first time voting (will be, I guess). I don't know if I registered under a specific political party. I don't know where to go to vote. Basically, I'm just a political mess, awash in a sea of Lord knows what.

So, here's what I'm going to do about it. I'm going to figure out how I registered. I'm going to watch the Presidential debates and figure out who I believe in the most. And I will be prepared to vote this year. Because, really, if I don't vote, I can't complain about the administration. :-)

No comments: